This Chinese language lemon hen is one in all my favourite Asian hen recipes. It’s easy to make and tastes completely superb. It’s loaded with flavors.
With a easy ingredient record, this Chinese language hen dish is a scrumptious weeknight meal that comes collectively effortlessly. It’s zesty, tangy, and savory. It far deviates itself from the tasteless hen dishes you’ve got on repeat.
To not point out, it’s a budget-friendly dish that prices a fraction of Chinese language takeout.
Hen is a wholesome and scrumptious protein that’s versatile, and this wholesome lemon hen recipe showcases it. The sauce, manufactured from ginger, honey, garlic, sesame, and lemon, brings vibrancy to the dish.
This hen dish might be loved by itself for a keto, low-carb possibility, or over rice for a whole and filling meal any time. When you attempt making this wholesome hen dish, you’ll shortly add it to your recipe rotation.
This wholesome, low-carb hen recipe is superb as it’s however can simply be modified to accommodate a vegetarian or vegan weight-reduction plan by changing the hen with tofu.
You’ll additionally like:
Easy methods to Make This Chinese language Lemon Hen Recipe
To start, collect all your elements to your Chinese language lemon hen recipe. Mince your garlic and grate your ginger. Measure out your sesame oil, honey, lemon juice, and coconut aminos.
Add your sesame oil to a small saucepan and warmth. To your sesame oil, add your minced garlic and grated ginger. Prepare dinner your garlic and ginger within the sesame oil till aromatic, a few minute.
As soon as the garlic and ginger are aromatic, add the honey, lemon juice, and coconut aminos to the saucepan. Whisk all the elements collectively till fully integrated and produce to a boil. Subsequent, scale back the warmth to medium-low and simmer, stirring often in order to not burn the sauce. Proceed cooking the sauce till it reduces to a thicker consistency, about six minutes.
Set the completed sauce to the facet whilst you proceed on with the subsequent steps.
Now that your sauce is ready, transfer on to the hen. Lower your hen breasts into one-inch chunks and place them in a bowl with arrowroot flour or cornstarch. Toss the hen till it’s evenly coated on all sides.
Utilizing a non-stick skillet, place your coconut oil within the pan and switch the warmth to medium. When the oil is scorching, add your hen. Saute the coated hen within the coconut oil till it’s frivolously browned and crispy on each facet.
Watch out to not overcrowd the pan in order that the hen doesn’t steam as a substitute of brown, you’ll have to do it in batches. Take away the hen from the pan as soon as it’s cooked fully by means of to a temperature of 165 levels.
Now that every one the hen is cooked by means of, add it again into your non-stick skillet. Add your sauce to the hen and toss collectively to coat fully. Activate the warmth to low and permit the hen to soak up the sauce, being positive to not overcook the hen.
Plate your hen by serving it over rice, or for a low carb or keto possibility, hold it by itself or serve with greens like sauteed inexperienced beans or bok choy. High this Chinese language lemon hen recipe with sesame seeds and sliced inexperienced onions. Take pleasure in!
Prepare dinner Time
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp contemporary ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup hen inventory, ideally low sodium
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, use coconut aminos for vegan or tamari for a gluten free possibility
- Utilizing a small saucepan, warmth the sesame oil on medium-low warmth. As soon as the oil is scorching, add the garlic and ginger and saute till aromatic, a few minute.
- Measure the honey, hen inventory, lemon juice, and coconut aminos (or soy or tamari sauce) and add them to the saucepan. Whisk all of the elements collectively till they’re mixed and produce to a boil.
- Cut back the warmth and produce the sauce to a simmer, stirring often to be sure that the sauce doesn’t burn. Proceed to scale back your sauce till it’s a thick glaze, about 6-7 minutes. Take away the pan from the warmth and set it apart.
- Lower the hen into one-inch chunks and place it in a bowl with cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Ensure to get every bit fully coated with the powder.
- Add coconut oil to a non-stick skillet and warmth over medium. When the oil is scorching, add the hen in batches, ensuring to not crowd it. Brown the hen on either side till crispy and take away from the skillet.
- As soon as all the hen items have been cooked, wipe the leftover oil and any burnt items out of the pan. All of your hen again into the pan together with the sauce from earlier.
- Toss the hen and sauce collectively over low warmth to permit the sauce to totally coat the hen and be absorbed.
- High with sliced inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. Take pleasure in!!
If you need to make this recipe vegetarian, use tofu as a substitute of hen. To arrange the tofu, take away it from its packaging and press all the liquid out of it.
You are able to do this by layering paper towels or kitchen towels across the tofu and resting a heavy pan on prime of the tofu to extract liquid from it.
Depart it for about an hour to be able to get as a lot liquid out of the tofu as potential. Dice the tofu into one-inch chunks and comply with the identical instructions for the hen preparation, coating it in cornstarch or arrowroot, and saute in a non-stick skillet.
Make sure to not crowd the hen when coating it in starch because it won’t get evenly coated.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 70Complete Fats: 3gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 743mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g